Monday, June 23, 2008

And so it begins...

As I sit here, at the beginning of another summer, I am full of promise.

I promise myself alot. The only thing is, I don't often deliver. Countless times in my past I have, when faced with a challenge, taken the easy route or give up. Its as though I can't trust myself enough to believe that I can achieve whatever I set my mind to.

So what am I aiming to do now? Well, first of all, I have to get my weight under control. I have never in my life felt so big, so disgusting, so un-feminine. I cringe when I see myself in pictures, and find doing the simplest of tasks a challenge. Sounds easy-just stop eating junk and exercise. If it was that easy, I'd have been skinny years ago.

Once again am setting myself up to achieve something. I think I am on the right track-but I have to plan things out a bit more clearly. If I were to declare "I want to lose 90lbs" I would be overwhelmed by the task set out in front of me. I do want to lose 90 lbs, but I know that the only way to do that is to divide my goal into smaller, mini-goals.

These goals will come with simple, yet achieveable challenges. Starting off small, I can build myself into the woman I want to be.

Will I set a time limit? No. I am not one for being pressured. BUT I will set guidelines to track my progress and see how I am faring.

So, as I sit here today, I am making a concsious effort to take back my life. To regain the self-respect and love that has been lacking in my life. One step at a time, I am going to build myself the confident, attractive, outgoing, and funny person I know I can be.

So, on that note, my first challenge is to drink water-lots of water. Between 8-10 servings per day. No more pop/juice filled days at work. Pop can be saved for a treat, but water is where its at. I have bottled water and some crystal light, so its just a matter of having it with me, and consciously choosing to drink it.

I'll check in later and update my progress. Once this task hass been accomplished, I will be adding another challenge to the mix. No rush though-perfection takes time...lol

No comments: